Across all of our markets, we aim to create a diverse and balanced market–to provide a variety of local food products for our community, while ensuring profitability for participating local food producers and vendors.
Criteria for Selecting Vendors:
- A commitment to promoting MA/RI agriculture and the local food system
- Diversity of product (for new applicants, the product must bring variety to the market or fill a demand or gap in the current offerings)
- Available space at the market
- Track record/length of time at market
- Quality of product and of stall display
- Growing/production methods and/or business practices
- Location of operation/production
- Applicant’s commitment and contribution to the market’s values of community & collaboration
Farmers, Fisherman & Food Producers:
The New Bedford Farmers Markets are firstly a producers market, meaning all items sold must be locally (MA/RI) produced/grown by the vendor themselves, also known as a Class A market.
The decision to allow an exception to the Producers Market/Class A rule will be determined by the participating farmers/vendors at the market where the items are sold.
The Market Managers will oversee the decision making process. We require that prepared/processed/artisan food items be produced or processed locally from scratch with high-quality ingredients, and we encourage the use of locally & regionally sourced ingredients whenever possible.
Join our market vendor family!
Vendors Apply for the 2021 Outdoor Market & Virtual Market: Vendor Online Application
Community Groups: Apply here
New Bedford Health Department documents:
- New Bedford Health Dept Permit
- FAQs and example application of Farmers Market Food Permit
- Temporary Food Vendor Guidelines
- MDPH Farmers Market Food Protection Information
- Workers Comp Affidavit Form
- Allergen Training Information
- Food Allergy Sign for Vendor Booth
Information for accepting SNAP/Debit/Credit