Interested in selling with Coastal Foodshed?
Our goal is to make a stronger local food economy through food access. Across all of our markets, we aim to create a diverse and balanced market — to provide a variety of local food products for our community, while ensuring profitability for participating local food producers and vendors. We offer three opportunities for local farmers and producers to work with us: Wholesale, Direct to Consumer Markets at both our Farmers Markets and Virtual Market. Which one is right for your business?
I’ve been selling my produce at the New Bedford Farmers Market for over 10 years! The vendors and customers are what keep me coming back to sell at this market every year. We really are a big family.—Jeff
Criteria for Selecting Vendors:
- A commitment to promoting MA/RI agriculture and the local food system
- Diversity of product (for new applicants, the product must bring variety to the market or fill a demand or gap in the current offerings)
- Available space at the market
- Track record/length of time at market
- Quality of product and of stall display
- Growing/production methods and/or business practices
- Location of operation/production
- Applicant’s commitment and contribution to the market’s values of community and collaboration
New Bedford Health Department Documents
To sell with us, you must comply with rules and regulations provided by the city of New Bedford and the New Bedford Board of Health. Virtual Market vendors are excluded, but we require proof of a certified kitchen and proper licenses when necessary. Review this list of documents.