In the summer of 2018, we launched a new program, the Mobile Farm Stand. These farm stands are extensions of our farmers markets, which will provide fresh, local fruits and vegetables to neighborhoods where residents can’t easily access one of our three farmers markets and other local healthy products. We source all of the produce from Southcoast area farmers and educate our community on the importance of supporting local, eating seasonally, and cooking healthy delicious food!
2019-2020 indoor sites run from November- April:
- Tuesday 3-6pm- Coastal Foodshed Offices at 466 Brock Ave
- Wednesday 2-4pm- Temple Landing Offices at 370 Middle St.
- Thursday 1-4pm- Coastal Foodshed Offices at 466 Brock Ave
- Saturday 10-2pm- First Unitarian Church at 71 8th St. Downtown (at the Indoor New Bedford Farmers Market)
Check out our past 2019 outdoor sites June-October (2020 season will be announced in Spring 2020):
- Tuesdays 3-5pm- Old Taylor School Parking Lot on 620 Brock Ave
- Wednesdays 3-5pm- Temple Landing Housing Site on Middle St.
- Fridays 3-5pm- Alma del Mar Charter School Field
We also participate in pop-up community events around New Bedford and the Southcoast. You can find all of our events on our calendar and on on our Facebook page!
Request to have our Mobile Farm Stand at your event!
We also do pop-up events with our Mobile Farm Stand. Have an event that your company or organization is hosting? Complete the form below to request the Mobile Farm Stand at your event!
Thank you to the generous and thoughtful support of our funders for making this program possible!